Monday, January 15, 2007

this just in!



Ash and I making cookies over Chrsitmas break. Wonderful.


So it's official. I'm stickin it out here in Chicago.

Ran across this little nugget this afternoon ...


James 1:2-4
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."


I would definitely say this past week my faith has been tested. Is God who He says He is? Is He faithful? Can I trust Him with my future ... even with the next seven months of my life? Well I've wrestled like it's my job and the outcome is that God is exactly who He says He is. My faithlessness has not for a moment changed His faithfulness. I'm also realizing that it will probably get harder before it get's better. I want to be apart of the solution but I will need prayer. It just feels like it's gonna be a difficult season in this life. But at least I've got God. All I need.


Good stuff.


But you know what this means kids? Yes it means that we need to step it up in the come visit Laura department. Seven months is a long time and I get lonely here. So get your reservations in soon.



Thank you to those that challenged me when I was doubting.



Had a great conversation about traveling this afternoon. Got me all psyched up to go see the world ... secret agent style. But seriously, there are so many places to explore. Can't wait for it.


Well I'm about to journey home. Hopefully I have frostbite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Hebrews verses you gave me. You're great.

I'll come see you ASAP. Don't go anywhere.

Love you!