Friday, January 19, 2007

shine

Hebrews 3:12-14 (New International Version)

"See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first."


How do you encourage someone in such a way that it prevents them from being hardened? I wish I did a better job of that.

We all need people like that in our lives. People that can remind us of the truth and help us keep going in the way we set out on.


My fingernails are an iridescent teal color currently. I've taken to changing the color of my fingernails about once a day. It's wonderfully relaxing and freeing. So there's that.


Today is Friday gang. That means a slow day, meeting with the supervisor (she loves me now that I've decided to stay), and then family night. Not too bad of a day. And that means that tomorrow is Saturday which means it's almost Sunday which is when my day off starts. 2p.m. on Sunday will find me downtown with a book, a frosted snowflake cookie and a cup of coffee. Sunday afternoons and Mondays are my favorites.


Matthew 5:16 "...let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."

"...Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven."


This was one of my first favorite verses. My mom reminded me of it the other day and Kim reminded me of it today. It's a good one. We're living this God-filled life in order to attract others to it.

No comments: