Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I don't know anything

"I don't really know very much of anything. I mean, I used to have all these theories about life. I thought I had everybody figured out, even God, but I don't. I feel at times like a droplet of water in a raging river. I know for a fact that as a grain of sand compares in size to the earth itself, I compare in size to the cosmos. I am that insignificant. And yet the chemicals in my brain that make me feel beauty when I look up at the stars, when I watch the sunset, indicate that I must be here for a reason. I think I would sum it up this way; life is not a story about me, but it is being told to me, and I can be glad of that. I think that is the why of life and in fact, the why of this ancient faith I am caught up in: to enjoy God. The stars were created to dazzle us, like a love letter." - Donald Miller, Through Painted Deserts


Kimmy Bear gave me this book for Christmas. Finished it in a week cause I couldn't put it down. It was beautifully written and makes me want to get a van and go on a road trip with Paul. (too bad Paul got married, he woulda been perfect) If you ever want a little taste of God's creativity, take a sample of this book. It's raw.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Times change. God doesn't, but times do. We learn and grow, and the world around us shifts, and the Christian faith is alive only when it is listening, morphing, innovating, letting go of whatever has gotten in the way of Jesus and embracing whatever will help us be more and more the people God wants us to be."-Rob Bell

Love always.