Monday, January 22, 2007

Thank You




Since Ashey posted this I thought I should probably do the same. This was new years eve and we were having our annual new years eve dance party. Oh what a good night that was.


One would think that dreads+facial piercings+knitting+singing out loud would = wealthy good looking business men not being interested. Think again. He wanted to buy a scarf from me. Then wanted to buy me a drink. Oh what fun.


Then on my way home I was sitting waiting for the train and I notice some guy out of the corner of my eye. He was acting like he was taking pictures with his imaginary camera. I looked up and he was pretending to take pictures of me sitting there. Weird. So I smile. Then he gives me to "OK" hand signal and smiles back. Then he says, "that's what I'm talking about!" He continues with the camera thing and I try to ignore it. But it's weird right? Then I hear the train coming. Halleluiah. But then he says, "I could stare at you all day." Uhhh. Then he proceeded to sit across from me on the train and stare. Luckily he was only on there for a couple stops. I'm just all creeped out for the weekend.


So this is what I read in God Calling this morning,

"Never forget your 'Thank You'. Do you not see it as a lesson? You must say 'Thank You' on the grayest days. You must do it. All cannot be light unless you do. There is gray-day practice. It is absolutely necesesary."


Got me. It's been a gray couple days. I'm not sure if I've even said "Thank You" once in the past weekend. So I'm gonna try real hard to be all about "Thank You" on this gray day.


"Let everything that has breath praise the Lord." - Psalm 150:6


Mom may be coming to visit next week. Hopefully.


"nobody said it was easy." - coldplay is playing at the apple store.


Alright it's back out into the elements. Whole Foods is gonna get hit up. Then a little Starbucks action with a delicious cookie (which will make the 3rd in 3 days).

No comments: