Tuesday, January 16, 2007

He's got the whole world in His hands

Ezekiel 34:11,12,15&16

For this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I myself will search for my sheep and look after them. As a shepherd looks after his scattered flock when he is with them, so will I look after my sheep. I will rescue them from all the places where they were scattered on a day of clouds and darkness...I myself will tend my sheep and have them lie down, declares the Sovereign LORD. I will search for the lost and bring back the strays. I will bind up the injured and strengthen the weak.


It wasn't in Isaiah after all. But it's still good. God's got everything under control. He doesn't exactly do things my way or in my timing ... but I think we all know He's smarter and wiser than I will ever be. He's looking after His sheep and He will take care of them. Good stuff.


God's got the whole world in His hands. He's got the little bitty children in His hands. He's got you and me brother in His hands. He's got you and me sister in His hands. He's got the whole world in His hands. Sunday school song anyone?


This is good ...

No, it is not yours to open buds into blossoms.

Shake the bud, strike it
It is beyond your power to make it blossom
Your touch soils it you tear its petals to pieces and strew them in the dust
But no colors appear and no perfume
Ah! It is not for you to open the bud into blossom

He who can open the bud does it so simply

He gives it a glance and the life-sap stirs through its veins
At his breath the flower spreads its wings and flutters in the wind
Colors flush out like heart-longings
The perfume betrays a sweet secret

He who can open the bud does it so simply

Written by the Indian poet Tagore

No comments: