Thursday, January 18, 2007

Every Day To The Fullest

"Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Those who oppose his he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth." 2 Timothy 2:23-25 (NIV)

"Run away from infantile indulgence. Run after mature righteousness—faith, love, peace—joining those who are in honest and serious prayer before God. Refuse to get involved in inane discussions; they always end up in fights. God's servant must not be argumentative, but a gentle listener and a teacher who keeps cool, working firmly but patiently with those who refuse to obey. You never know how or when God might sober them up with a change of heart and a turning to the truth, enabling them to escape the Devil's trap, where they are caught and held captive, forced to run his errands." 2 Timothy 2:22-26 (The Message)


It's been a tough couple days with loving the roommates. I'm trying to figure out how to continually forgive and not hold on to things that they do. It's hard though. This passage is good and challenging.


Yesterday's meeting wasn't all that bad. And I've been realizing that I really shouldn't complain about my service site. It's really not that bad. And where else will I get to read and surf the web in my down time. I'm actually pretty lucky. Right now I'm looking for hostels in Chicago. And reading The Search for Significance by Robert McGee.


Have a wonderful day today. Remember to be patient. With yourself, with others and with God. Don't wish you were someplace else. Right where you are is right where you need to be. Make the most of it.


K.S. you're really great and I'm glad we can communicate on a regular basis. make today count pumpkin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No, you're great.

Let's go to Panera again and get that drink I hate. I'll do it again just for you.