Thursday, March 01, 2007

A God Hunt

This is cool because I've been thinking a lot about this recently. And then I stumbled across it in Tammy's book. Here's a neat idea

"...it is a spiritually healing act whenever we search for God. Learn to go on a God hunt...the idea of a God hunt is built on the belief that God does make Himself known, is involved in human affairs, and is working out the progressive plan of His Kingdom on the earth. However, because His ways are not our ways (Isaiah 55:8), we cannot often see His movement because of our human perspective. Going on a God hunt is to look for signs and activities that align with God's character and Word, and magnify those in your perspective." - Tammy Smith, Soul Healing


"In the summer the neighbor boys won't wear shirts when they mow our lawns." - Kim Sadler


Recently I've been reading through the Sermon on the Mount and today I got to the section on the lilies of the valley. Good stuff for me right now. Especially with how much I tend to worry about the unknown, out-of-my-control future.

Matthew 6:34

"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." (NIV)

"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes." (The MSG)


Tonight should be baller with the roommates. Ashley I wish you were here to accompany me.


Today's been slow ... but it's 40 degrees here. We all know what that means eh?


The past week I've been in a consistently cheerful mood. But I think I'm supressing some things because last night was all good and fun with lots of laughter and then when I got really going it almost got to that breaking point. Kim you know that point. I just need prayer.


"Laura, what's up with you? You're all smiley and laughing. What's wrong?" - D.J.


I just wish I knew where there were some really great trees to climb. Oh man or some monkey bars ... flying acrobats anyone?


Have a great day everyone.


Go on a God Hunt ... yeah ... I dare you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patrick told me about Lilies of the field.

roommates? diapers?

i can't believe you quoted me. i'm so embarrassed. for the 3rd time today. what is up with me?

exploding will happen in LESS THAN 4 weeks. see you then.

mle said...

I was reading soul healing today. It really spoke to me.

Anonymous said...

So my Katie and I were just talking and she shouted "Kim's a whore!!" and just as she shouted that my neighbor was walking by to brush her teeth. So she knocked on our door and started cracking up and said "That's the funniest thing I've ever eavesdropped on"

But you know what the Bible says about eavesdropping...