Friday, March 16, 2007

danny boy

I've been reading through Daniel recently and I just think Daniel was one bang up guy. He lived his life in such a way that others changed their pattern of living. Someday I'd like to have a conversation with him. How did he become who he became. Man, he's cool.


Also, King Nebuchadnezzar, I'd like to talk with him as well. His whole bout with insanity intrigues me. How did he come out of that praising God, and proclaiming that God's ways are always right?


Oh, and Daniels friends are also pretty great. "God will save us, but even if He doesn't we still won't bow to other gods." What a statement of faith.


Alright I'm loving this. And I've been reading No Man is an Island by Thomas Merton. Man there are some really great things in it.


What I'm coming away with is that I must decrease and God must increase.


Well, it looks as if tonight is karaoke night. Mixed feelings about that one, but I'm sure it'll be great.


Have a great weekend, Happy Saint Patricks Day, and maybe read a little Daniel if you have free time.


Peace.

No comments: