Wednesday, February 28, 2007

maybe it's just me

Romans 14:1 (the message)
Welcome with open arms fellow believers who don't see things the way you do. And don't jump all over them every time they do or say something you don't agree with—even when it seems that they are strong on opinions but weak in the faith department. Remember, they have their own history to deal with. Treat them gently.


Thank you Kim Sadler. This passage is such a good reminder that I don't have to give my opinion all the time. Sometimes I just need to listen. God's working is everyone's life so who am I to determine what they should or should not be learning at any given time. True I'm willing to speak God's truth when He wants me to. But I really want to stop always having to know the correct answer.


Hey Kim, wanna come hang out with me in March? Like the 25th or something? Yeah? Okay! bring Carl and Kelly too. Remember the trash cans? Hopefully in a year or so we'll look back at this post and wonder what in the world we were doing with trash cans. We're underrated.


"If the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, it's time to water your own grass." - I like that a lot. Stop complaining. You're right where you're at. And it's okay. I'm mainly talking to me. I'm trying to be more optimistic with my life.


No matter where you go, there you are.


Also I was reminded the other day, as I sat in Starbucks, about how much I used to love Feist. A year ago, maybe longer, I listened to it obsesively. When I heard little XM radio playing Inside and Out I recalled my long lost love but couldn't remember the name of the band. Then I checked Robby's xanga last night and there it was. And that's another reason I'm thankful for friends like Robby. Good taste in music.


Earlier this morning I was sitting at my desk reading and watching this cute little boy. His older sister was also keeping an eye on him. I smiled and laughed at him and so did she. She was probably 11 or 12. She had one of those containers of mini m&m's. She walks over to my desk and says, "want some?" How could I say no. She then dumped them into my outstretched hand and walked away. True I can't eat them, lent, but she was so sweet. I was just reminded of how much God loves me. It just felt like she was strategically placed to brighten my day.


Plus her little brother was adorable. And he made me miss my little brother Clayton so much. I'm looking forward to going home so much these days. But I'm enjoying myself here too.


Tomorrow night all the roommates and I are going to Home Run Inn for a little deep dish action. Brian says it's better than Giardono's. Man I do love Chicago style pizza. But when I'm home can we go to either Hound Dog's or that other place? Whose name I can't remember ... Ashley help me out ... the place with the ranch?


Okay, this is sufficient. Kinda like God's grace, only different. Whoa.


I think God is really great.


Shalom.

3 comments:

mle said...

Gumby's?

Anonymous said...

I'm watching Family Guy right now and it would be so much better if you were here. Remember when you had to babysit me and we watched Family Guy and then mom brought us back icees?

oh icees.

I'm sorry, I don't have time to come see you. oh well! Nice try, though.

Come home so we can drive around together. Like when we used to go to Waffle House every Sunday and then drive around HIgh Street

Anonymous said...

its gumbys laura

the ranch

i got you

we will surely go there