Tuesday, March 06, 2007

real community

this weekend has been crazy. there's a lot to write but i'll start with this.


please pray for my roommates and i. last night my roommate was robbed at knife point in our apartment building. it's hard to process through something like that, at least for me. it was a long night.


but let me tell you how incredible our church is. i got home right after it happened and my roommates and i sat around and listened to jenny for awhile. then we called our city director to let her know. then brian and dj showed up to talk to us about it. then dara got there. then pastor showed up. then mike came with about 10 guys from our church. then they all sat there and gave all kinds of advice. we had 3 alternative places to stay. they all dropped stuff to be with us. everyone said we had to take rides from now on. brian and dj wanted to spend the night. everyone was so loving and supportive. they finally headed out around 1130. it gave me so much hope about the church. they really showed us God's love last night. they showed us what community should be like.


but i feel numb. i need to process through this and the last incident with hil. hopefully i'll find someone to talk with. pray for us though. everyone's jumpy. especially since it happened inside our building.


oh ... i haven't told my mom this yet, matthew and carrie, if you read this and talk to her before i get a chance, don't mention it :) love you!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's really scary.

I am thinking of moving there in a few years. What neighborhood do you live in?

You can email me if you won't want to say on here: LilRonGalATaol.com

Gracie said...

my lips are sealed!! And I will make sure Matthew doesn't say anything either! You had better be careful... Huggers!

laurannyoung said...

thanks carrie! i'll see you guys soon!


ronnie i'll email you soon!


<3