Wednesday, March 14, 2007

it's as simple as something that nobody knows

Here's what's hard, (MLE don't panic) my church makes me want to stay in Chicago. They're so wonderful and loving. It's like a family, like the church is supposed to be. It's just hard to think of joining another church family in 5 months. And I don't even know of anything like this back in Ohio. It's been so good to experience what a living body is like ... it'll just be hard to leave it once I know how great it can be.


Katie makes me laugh so hard. I've never met her before but she has the happiest laugh and I'm so excited to meet her.


Plus, she bought me rainboots. Kim is bringing them to me in 11 days!! Can't wait.


"This is my theme song. I've got an icebox where my heart used to be."
"Wait, does that say where my heart used to be?"
"Yes."
"Oh. I thought it said where my car used to be. I thought he was trading his car for some beer. I thought you were saying you wanted some beer."

This was a lovely conversation between our soon to be ex-city director and anna. I'm glad I was present for that.


Alright. It's not as warm out today which is nice. Do you think God ever gets tired of the fact that we only think some days are beautiful? And only some warm days are nice and then we get tired of it and complain? And we say winter is beautiful and then we tell him to take it away? We're so annoying. I'm glad he loves us anyway.

1 comment:

mle said...

I feel... about the church thing and weather thing. sigh.