Thursday, February 15, 2007

make their work a joy

Last night my roommates and i went out to the white palace to celebrate Lauren's half birthday. Lots of fun. We made fun of people alot. You know, couples and giggley girls. Saw some guy slip on the ice, I know it's not nice to laugh but it's hard sometimes.


But after work Lauren and I r gonna get r nails did ... ya hurd? Hopefully we'll both get really long and gaudy sets. I'm excited about it.


Hebrews 13:17 "Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy and not a burden, for that would be of no advantage to you."

This is a good reminder. The person that popped into my head first is Dara. I've begun some sneaky missions to make her job a joy. But there's more I can do. Rather than complain about what I see is wrong I need to encourage her so that she doesn't get even more frustrated. And that goes for any and all those in leadership positions. I need to help, not antagonize. And we all know how hard that is for me to do.


Alright I'm gonna go do some work related things now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're disgusting and i won't be your friend if you get ugly nails.

the neighbor boy is doing a mighty fine job clearing our driveway. but i'm not checking him out since old ladies aren't allowed to do that, apparently.

laurannyoung said...

you know what i think of when i think of us being old women and making the neighbor boys do things for us ... i think of the old man from family guy who makes chris do things for him. that's going to be your husband.

Anonymous said...

yeah. right. [this would sound funnier if we were having this conversation in real life instead of through cyber space. ew haha just kidding about calling it cyber space, that's the equivalent of talking about star wars in public.] but you just got even more disgusting. i'd rather live my life alone than marry someone like that.