Friday, February 16, 2007

evesdropping




currently i'm eavesdropping on a conversation two of our doctors are having. they're talking about obama. and they're making me love him all the more. i need to go get his books and read them. they're talking about abortion and obama's stand on it and i'm just excited about him.


this is why i'm starting to love my roommates ... last night i got home and a couple of them were home and we'd all had long days so we ate some chocolate. then i mentioned how good puppy chow sounded, and then we threw together our own version without a recipe. then we ate it together. then we went into the living room and cuddled. it started with jenny sitting on the couch. then dani sat on her lap. then i got lonely and snuggled with them. then tara laid on my lap and i scratched her scalp. my dreads got played with a little too. it was a good night.


and this is why I love my brother Matthew and his fiancee Carrie ... for valentines day they sent me a cupid potato head. they're so great. thank you both! i can't wait to see you guys! little cupid is all dressed and sitting on my window sill.


Lauren and i got our nails done. man what fun. and don't worry kim they're not gaudy and gross so we can still be friends. they're just french manicured and cute. but the guy who did my nails was really nice and worried about us living where we do.


this is what i read this morning.

"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.' But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you." Matthew 5:38-42

Often I find myself only letting those who are trust worthy borrow my things. And hardly even then. I'm not good at sharing or at letting myself be voluntarily wronged. I have rights. People can't take advantage of me. This is my stuff, don't touch. But this passage destroys that. I'm to give generously beyond what people are even asking. Way to go Jesus. Way to go.

1 comment:

Gracie said...

We love you too! So happy you like it:-)