Friday, February 16, 2007

babies

The older I get the younger I feel.


A couple minutes ago I was sitting at my desk reading a book when a receptionist, elizabeth, came over holding this adorable 4 month old little boy. Full of smiles and little baby noises. I did the usual baby talk and tickle thing to encourage the baby to keep being cute. It worked so well that elizabeth put the baby in my lap and walked away. It's been such a long time since I help a baby, it made me thankful that God decided we should all go through the baby stage. It's probably the stage where we're most annoying but also the most lovable. I can't wait to talk with God about why He made babies.

And I feel like that would also be a conversation that I would have with Kim.


The other day I found out that Elizabeth, who has an adorable 4 year old, is a couple months younger than I am. How in the world? I'm so far away from that place. I can't even imagine having a four year old and a real job and a husband. Wow. And that's why I got to thinking about how I feel younger and younger as the day's go by.


Well my supervisor didn't show up for our usual meeting, so there's that. The president of mission year is coming over tonight for a little dessert action. Hopefully that goes well. I can't believe it's already the weekend. Tomorrow will hopefully turn out better than last Saturday. Then Sunday I've got church, CityWide and hopefully having new friends over. Monday I can do whatever I want. Man, the days just fly by.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like we have had that conversation before. I do love those babies. Good to be in your thoughts.

mle said...

The scariest thing in the whole world is when I see babies or develop pictures of babies... all I can think about is how I want one. I think I'm getting to that age Laura... and it's scaring me.

Help me be young again! =0/