Thursday, December 07, 2006

with a little help from my friends

"Friendship arises out of companionship. When two or more of the companions discover that they have in common some insight or interest or even taste which the others do not share and which, till that moment, each believed to be his own unique treasure(or burden)." C.S. Lewis

"This [friendship love], free from instinct, free from all duties but those which love has freely assumed, almost wholly free from jealousy, and free without qualification from the need to be needed, is eminently spiritual. It is the sort of love one can imagine between angels." C.S. Lewis


C.S. has some really good insight into friendship. I'm liking it a lot. I've been so blessed in the area of friendships. thank you friends for being there and being mine.


one of my favorite friend memories is of the eve of the eve that I moved to Chicago. it took place at jeff and melody's house. kim, lance, jeff, melody, adam, mary, johnny and i were there. we sat outside and talked of heaven. it was great.


well it's time to pack up and head out to the banquet that my roommate and i are singing at ... who knows how this happened ...


<3

No comments: