Friday, December 08, 2006

i'm a rebel

"Every real Friendship is a sort of secession, even a rebellion. It may be a rebellion of serious thinkers against accepted clap-trap or of faddists against accepted good sense; of real artists against popular ugliness or of charlatans against civilised taste; of good men against the badness of society or of bad men against its goodness. Whichever it is, it will be unwelcome to Top People. in each knot of friends there is a sectional 'public opinion' which fortifies its members against the public opinion of the community in general. Each therefore is a pocket of potential resistance. Men who have real friends are less easy to manage or 'get at'; harder for good authorities to correct or for bad authorities to currupt." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves

For the fellow rebel thinkers that are in my life, I am ever so grateful.

Last night found me exploding. Yes. I exploded. I guess that's what happens when you keep things inside for too long. You end up yelling at your roommate. I felt/feel horrible about the yelling part. But what I said was true. I'm a mess. And I'm not a yeller. What's happening to me.

Maybe I've found the answer to life after mission year. But just maybe. I've gotta discuss it with my tour guide and do a little more research. But as for now I must get to work, my boss informed me that I need to have a flier ready to go out Monday. Oh life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since Jesus went through everything you're going through and more, learn to think like him. Think of your sufferings as a weaning from that old sinful habit of always expecting to get your own way. Then you'll be able to live out your days free to pursue what God wants instead of being tyrannized by what you want...if you find life difficult because you're doing what God said, take it in stride. Trust him. He knows what he's doing, and he'll keep on doing it.
-1 Peter 4:1-2,19

Beautiful. Just like you. Messy or not messy.

laurannyoung said...

thank you for that. really. i already told kim thanks for the text. i'm glad i have you both. thank you for always encouraging but also challenging me.

you're wonderful. simply wonderful.

<3