Thursday, December 21, 2006

my hope is in You

"Put your hope in God." - Psalm 42:11

"The Lord is righteous in all His ways and loving toward all He has made. The Lord is near to all who call on Him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear Him; He hears their cries and saves them. The Lord watches over all who love Him." - Psalm 145:17-20

"Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall." - Psalm 55:22

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken." - Psalm 62:1&2

"Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. But as for me, it is godd to be near God." - Psalm 74:25,26&28


If I ever put my hope in something other than God I'm setting myself up for disaster. God is the only one that is always faithful and always loving. And even though He is, I still doubt. So why would I ever let my happiness rest on another mortal being? That's unfair to do that to them. No one deserves that kind of pressure. Only God, for He's the only one that could be all that we desire and more.

I'm just trying to get my life back where it needs to be. And I'm thinking about skipping out on a little work today. I feel sick afterall. My head feels like there's a grenade exploding in it. My throat feels like someone took an S.O.S. pad to it. And when I talk I sound like a man. Alright that does it ... I'm skipping out on work. Peace out kids.

No comments: