Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Thank you God for Friends & Roommates

"... we think we have chosen our peers. In reality, a few years difference in the dates of our births, a few more miles between certain houses, the choice of one university instead of another, posting to different regiments, the accident of a topic being raised or not raised at a first meeting -- any of these chances might have kept us apart. But, for a Christian, there are, strictly speaking, no chances. A secret Master of the Ceremonies has been at work. Christ, who said to the disciples "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you," can truly say to every group of Christian friends "You have not chosen one another but I have chosen you for one another."

There are no chances. You were chosen to be in my life, and I in yours. So we're stuck with each other as long as we choose to remain with each other. How wonderful and painful all at the same time.

This has definitely challenged my view of my roommates. Because of God's leading all of us have ended up in this apartment together. There are no chances. My desire is to get everything out of it that possibley can. My life will be changed because of the lives of those I wouldn't have ordinarily mingled with.

No comments: