Wednesday, December 20, 2006

He Gets The Last Word

1 Peter 5:8-11 (The Message)

Keep a cool head. Stay alert. The Devil is poised to pounce, and would like nothing better than to catch you napping. Keep your guard up. You're not the only ones plunged into these hard times. It's the same with Christians all over the world. So keep a firm grip on the faith. The suffering won't last forever. It won't be long before this generous God who has great plans for us in Christ—eternal and glorious plans they are!—will have you put together and on your feet for good. He gets the last word; yes, he does.


Isn't it great how good God is. Why throw in the towel when I've got something this good. My loved ones are not the only ones going through such hard times. All over the world Satan is attacking God's children.


Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Thank you Kim. Sometimes I forget. God's got this. No need to worry. No need to fret. God's got our backs. Remember when we looked all over for that bookstore? I remember that. You're great. I'm glad you're in my life.


Last night my roommate walked in the room and set a tea bag on the table. She said her boss had given it to her and that it was really good tea but she just didn't like it. So since I'm a teaaholic I grabbed that sucker only to find out that it was earl grey! It was like Christmas. So I got some boiling water, some honey, a mug and my new found earl grey tea bag and drank me a lovely cup of tea. Oh the memories that can come from the scent of a single cup of tea.


Mom and sisters are headed out on Friday. It's gonna be a stellar time. Then I'm headed to O-hi-O. It's really coming up fast. Time is flying past.


My co-workers are talking about smoking weed. They're moms. It's weird to eaves drop on this conversation. Sometimes they switch to only speaking in spanish. Oh hilarious. Speaking of weed, our apartment building usually smells of the reefer because boys will stand at the bottom of our stairs and smoke. So yesterday our landlords daughter asked my roommate if we're smoking in our apartment. My roommate said no thinking that she thought we were the source of the smell. Then the girl informed us that she smokes weed and was just wondering if we did so that we could smoke together. Too bad huh.


"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." - Proverbs 16:9

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So did you admit to smoking weed after that?
Earl grey sounds like the grossest tea name in the world. Seriously, tea is only semi gross, but that name alone is disgusting and mixed with tea it makes me feel gross to think about.
I love your profile picture forever.
Old ladies grocery shopping together.
Friends 4 lyfe.