Thursday, December 21, 2006

cartwheels

Habakkuk 3:17-19 (The Message)

Though the cherry trees don't blossom and the strawberries don't ripen, though the apples are worm-eaten and the wheat fields stunted, though the sheep pens are sheepless and the cattle barns empty, I'm singing joyful praise to God. I'm turning cartwheels of joy to my Savior God. Counting on God's Rule to prevail, I take heart and gain strength. I run like a deer. I feel like I'm king of the mountain!

My mom sent me a text with this verse in it. Good reminder. Even though things are hard and painful at times. I will still talk about God's goodness. Even though things don't make sense. I will still declare God's faithfulness.


Wanna see something cute? Alright ... this is my brother and his fiancee ... http://www.dnephotography.com/Young-Poling.htm ... cute right? ... I'm jealous ...


Currently I'm a tad bit sick. Coughing, headache, fatigue. And then last night I may have made myself a little sick. But that led to sleeping on the floor which turned out to be great. Slept in till 7. It was good. Hopefully I'm better by tomorrow. We'll see.


It's been wonderfully liberating realizing that the relationships that I care most about(Ashley, Emily, KimS, KimF, Katie etc.) are going to be there no matter what. Whether I remain in Chicago after this year, or follow through on my plan with Emily Scott. There's a lot less stress about the future now. And the convo with my mom that went something like, "I don't see you settling down. You're gonna travel the world." Hooray for world traveling.


Oh, and I'll be back in c-bus on Sunday.

No comments: