Tuesday, December 19, 2006

does not compute

"...we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." - Romans 8:28


"All the ways of the Lord are loving and faithful." - Psalm 25:10


"As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in Him." - 2 Samuel 22:31


"God works for the good." - Well right now it doesn't seem like it. How can this be good? How are these loving and faithful ways? His way just doesn't seem perfect right now.


"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." - Isaiah 55:8&9


For sure I would do things a little differently. In my head I know that God is faithful. He is good. For crying out loud, He is Love. But in my heart it's hard to feel that way.


"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." - Philippians 4:6


"Cast all your anxiety on Him because he cares for you." - 1 Peter 5:7


Things have been put in perspective. My silly little complaints seem pretty shallow and pointless. God is so big and I am so small. I'm going to keep trusting, even though I don't understand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

April 17, 2006:

3:13 - meet Laura Young at Panera after school
3:18 -Laura: I'm just going to go to the bathroom then we can go.
Me: Oh not again, last time you took 10 minutes!!
::man looks at Laura and judges::
3:20 - begin our journey to ramdom book store
3:35 - pass the address where the book store should be
3:37 - drive back again, still no book store
3:40 - sit in random parking lot on 23 and dig through maps (I wish I had a picture)
3:55 - still looking at maps, beginning to call people for help. The road we're looking for, as it turns out, is not in Deleware. But it is in the grid box J21? However, we can not locate it in the box.
4:00 - spot a cute custard shop
4:01 - remember we're not here for custards
4:05 - decide to go to J21, somewhere near Gahanna
-------2 hours later--------
6:05 - yup, still driving around looking for the book store
6:07 - decide to stop at Wendys
6:15 - get lots of free food from the girl at the cash register
6:20 - eavesdrop on a conversation with cute kids
6:22 - discuss the difference between tomatoes and potatoes, even though they sound the same.
6:30 - Laura decides to use the restroom before we leave.
6:36 - still waiting for the restroom
6:37 - the girl in the restroom declares that it will be awhile
6:38 - we give up and continue looking for the book store
6:50 - decide to stop by the custard place mentioned earlier
6:56 - discover in the dirt and worms cup and the cookie dough cup there's a new flavor in every bite
7:00 - go to Panera to see Ali/use the restroom/sit at the outside tables and eat custard
7:03 - Laura and I discover that we can't trust each other when one of us is in the restroom and one of us isn't

laurannyoung said...

I remember that day like it just happened yesterday. Maybe that's because it was the longest day of my life. Maybe because the custard was delicious. Maybe it's because I love time spent driving nowhere with you. <3