Monday, December 11, 2006

caffeine

1 John 3:18-21 (The Message)

"...let's not just talk about love; let's practice real love. This is the only way we'll know we're living truly, living in God's reality. It's also the way to shut down debilitating self-criticism, even when there is something to it. For God is greater than our worried hearts and knows more about us than we do ourselves. And friends, once that's taken care of and we're no longer accusing or condemning ourselves, we're bold and free before God!"

When we're practicing real love our eyes are forced off of ourselves and onto others. We're no longer looking at our imperfections, even though they're there. God knows what's inside of us and still desires to use us for His glory. So when we're consumed by God's love for us, and we're allowing that love to direct our attention to others, we're able freely serve God. Good one John.


Last night I had a horrible nights sleep. Well sleep implies that there was some. I just laid there for hours. Probably cause I did the bad thing with the caffeine again. Sorry mom. And then when I finally feel asleep this morning between 6 & 7 I just had weird dreams about my family and hicks building houses and almost running into jess with my car and visiting my sister in maine and searching for someone but not knowing his name. Strange. And now I'm at work.

Christmas is in 2 weeks gang. That's barely any time at all.

Man, I feel almost like I want to die. Maybe not all that, but at least I want to lay down on the floor of the clinic and sleep. I bet I'm not allowed.

So there's that. Back to work.

No comments: