Wednesday, December 06, 2006

butt of the joke

Have you ever had someone ask you a question and you knew they were being sarcastic, and they said it half laughingly and you knew they were laughing at you, but you didn't know why? Yeah me too. Just now. Who even knows what's going on. It appears that one of my coworkers doesn't like me too much. Oh well.


Wilco's song How to Fight Loneliness gets it done. 18 days.


C.S. Lewis and I have been hanging out this afternoon. This is what I got today.
"How can I love my home without coming to realize that other men, no less rightly, love theirs? Once you have realized that the Frenchmen like cafe complet just as we like bacon and eggs -- why, good luck to them and let them have it. The last thing we want is to make everywhere else just like our own home. It would not be home unless it were different."
How true. Good one C.S.


Today I needed to be reminded that I really wouldn't want everything to be just like home. Then home wouldn't be home. And I like that home is home. Let's keep it that way. Okay? Okay. Done and done.



P.S. The other night Kim and I went to Borders and I found the next journal I want. I'm ridiculous. But it's seriously so cute. It's got extra pockets and sleeves for pictures. Man, I couldn't even start it for like 6 months or so. But it gives me hope. Ha. Time to be done with work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, it would be impossible to not miss you. I'm so glad we've been able to go shopping this week.

And I can't wait to travel the world with you so I can become comfortable being a minority and we can make sad people happier