Wednesday, November 01, 2006

... wait ...

this is taken from October 30th entry in the book God Calling, "Wait and you shall realize the joy of the one who can be calm and wait, knowing that all is well. The last and hardest lesson, is that of waiting. So wait ... I would have you know this, that from the moment you placed all in My hands and sought no other aid, from that moment I have taken the quickest way possible to work out your salvation and to free you. There is so much you have to be taught to avoid future disaster ... use this waiting time to cement your knowledge of me."

and this is from Paul's letter to the church at Phillipi, "Don't worry. Instead of worrying pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life."

I'm sitting at work ... it's been really slow this morning. I haven't seen a single client since I got here. I did some research for a roommate. looked up some facts about dreads. checked my email like 50 times.

God's giving me opportunities to be patient ... I don't always do as well as I'm sure He wishes I did ... but I'm trying ...

It's incredible the difference time spent with Him makes on the rest of your day. Try it.

No comments: