Tuesday, November 21, 2006

happy feet

i've been in meetings all morning. my brain is on the verge of exploding. but it's good. saw a lot of the business side of this organization. it makes me sad.


yesterday i was talking with one of my roommates. we had both experienced some situations with either teachers or doctors yelling to get their point accross. what happens in a persons life that turns people into numbers instead of individuals to be loved. my heart breaks for these people and i never want to get to the point of yelling instead of loving. now the question is how to prevent that from happening.


try this on for size. yesterday one of the doctors sent me in to one of her clients to get the scoop on her situation. she asked me to give her a little abstinence pep talk. 19 year old female. more partners then she could remember. half male half female. currently with her female partner of a year and a half. has a two year old son. oh my goodness. an abstinence pep talk. what a stretching day yesterday was.


ragamuffin gospel is the book of coice currently. would you like a little nugget? yes? okay. this was a little snippet that i like.

"when i get honest, i admit i am a bundle of paradoxes. i believe and i doubt, i hope and get discouraged, i love and i hate, i feel bad about feeling good, i feel guilty about not feeling guilty. i am trusting and suspicious. i am honest and i still play games. aristotle said i am a rational animal; i say i am an angel with an incredible capacity for beer." - brennan manning


last night my roommate lauren and i took these two little kids to the movies. we saw happy feet. the two year old on my lap laughed so loud and danced to the music. so i joined her in that. it was quite good. the only thing that could have made it better was if kim sadler woulda been there. my roommate thought i was strange. kim woulda been just as embarrassing as i was.


a month and three days.

No comments: