Thursday, November 02, 2006

peaceful chaos

It's incredible what God's doing. Really. I'm amazed.

This morning a girl who had come in a couple days ago for a pregnancy test came back to talk. She had all these crazy questions and wanted all this advice. I'm just blown away that she feels comfortable enough to come and tell me everything that's going on. So I've been doing a little internet exploration for her. Finding out things about nutrition and exercise. It's good. God's using me to help someone. What a lucky girl I am.

I'm in a place of contentment right now. Peace that transcends understanding is calming my mind and protecting my heart. It's wonderful. There's so much going on and so many things that I could worry about. But God is bigger than all of it ... and somehow I'm remembering that.

Tonite will hopefully be the night that I confront one of my roommates. So today I need to continually be in prayer about it. That I would speak the truth in a way that would encourage and empower her to change. My tendency is to get my point across ... to cause feelings of guilt. That is not the way of love. So my pride must go. More of Him ... less of me ...

Back to work ... back to reading this really great book ... Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria? by Beverly Daniel Tatum, PH.D. ... really eye opening and challenging ... check it ...

No comments: