Thursday, November 16, 2006

5 shots

so when i've been off coffee for a couple weeks it's a bad idea to drink so much. if you've ever seen a crazy little chipmunk that runs around a lot ... well that's what i feel like right now.



"Each one of us needs to look after the good of the people around us, asking ourselves, "How can I help?" That's exactly what Jesus did. He didn't make it easy for himself by avoiding people's troubles, but waded right in and helped out. "I took on the troubles of the troubled," is the way Scripture puts it. Even if it was written in Scripture long ago, you can be sure it's written for us. God wants the combination of his steady, constant calling and warm, personal counsel in Scripture to come to characterize us, keeping us alert for whatever he will do next." Romans 15:2-4 (The Message)

often when I'm tired and worn out and notice someone who is obviously struggling with something, I'll avoid them. not to be mean but because I'm selfish. which I guess is mean. this verse is challenging because it implies that we should be actively seeking out the troubles of others so that we can be a help to them.



and in her book Having a Mary Spirit, author Joanna Weaver writes, "When we can't trace His hand, we must trust His heart...don't look at what you see, remember what you know." - she talks about how there will be times when we don't understand what it is that God's doing, but that He is faithful. in those times of confusion or doubt we must remember God's character. remember who God is and how He never changes.



also, I've found another reason to move out of the U.S. ... I've decided that I would really like a pet monkey. and that's illegal in the states. so there's that.

No comments: