Wednesday, November 29, 2006

right now is right where i'm supposed to be

"Don't be wishing you were someplace else or with someone else. Where you are right now is God's place for you. Live and obey and love and believe right there." 1 Corinthians 7:17 (The Message)


"For the present do not think of it as a narrow life. I have my purpose. My loving purpose, in cutting you away from other work and interests, for the time. To work from large interests and a desire for great activities and world movements, to the inner circle life with me, is really the wrong way. That is why so often, when through all these activities and interests, a soul finds me, I have to begin our friendship by cutting away the ties that bind it to the outer and wider circle. When it has gained strength and learned its lesson in the inner circle, it can widen it's life, working this time from within out, taking then to each contact, each friendship, the inner circle influence." - God Calling


Makes sense eh? The other day I was talking to my wonderful friend Kimberly Foulis, and as we talked about the community I was in while in Columbus I started getting a little homesick. It was such a blessing. So rich and empowering. But then these are the things I read later that day. It is hard to not have that community. But I know the lessons I've learned since arriving in Chicago could not have been learned another way. At this time I am in Chicago, and I want to be fully present. And, as I've seen so many times before, the relationships that God has brought together, no time or distance can separate. What a beautiful time.


Monday was incredible. I didn't really do too much. But I talked to several of the special people who are in my life. I'm so blessed. And my starbucks friends sent me an enormous box of goodies. They know me so well. And I miss them all so much. I don't want to complain anymore about the lack of friends here, for I've been richly blessed with friendships. Truly Blessed. Thank you friends.


and i have a garden gnome to take with me everywhere. i love you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No one deserves a garden gnome friend more than you.

Thanks for getting me, in the words of Michelle Branch. But seriously.

I love you.

laurannyoung said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
laurannyoung said...

we're both a little paranormal so let's just bend their spoons. who want's to be ordinary in a crazy mixed up world? i don't care what they're saying as long as i'm your girl.
-bunny