Friday, November 10, 2006

don't get cocky and strut your branch

Romans 11:11-24 - eugene peterson has such a way with words ... check it ... how dare we ever think we are entitled to salvation. we were saved because of God's love for us.


today was the first time I did the HIV pretest counseling for someone that was out of highschool. this guy was 3 months younger than I am. talk about intimidating. but I'm being stretched. how great.


this morning my roommate was praying and she said "thank you for being our shield, our fortress and our deliverer." one I was thinking about how cliche our prayers are. but also how different each of the descriptions of God are. they're all true. but think about the implications of only one of those words. do we think about what we're saying to God. I'm just as guilty as anyone else. how often I say meaningless words to God. think about what really matters.


recently I read a book by Kyle Lake entitled, (RE)Understanding Prayer. It talked a lot about this subject. the importance of prayer and how often we take it lightly. more often than not praying to those around us instead of the God around us. read the book. it's good.


last night my roommate and I were talking about what if's. what if this had happened ... or hadn't happened. she was talking about a situation involving her and two guys. the what if's had to do with the timing of things. it just made me think about how different life would be if things had happened at different times. there's nothing I can do about it now ... it was just interesting to think about.


my head's all over the place today. talked to my good friend jed last night. I get so excited after talking to him. hopefully he'll be out here this coming spring ... what an exciting time.


back to work ... or rather back to reading The Irresistable Revolution by Shane Claiborne. there have been mixed reactions to the book so I've decided to find out for myself.


have a good one.

No comments: