Thursday, November 09, 2006

santa gave me coffee

here's another reason why I love God ... I go into work today ... there's no school. so I get an unexpected day off. how wonderful. I've spent a lot of time with Him today. He's really great. we've been reading through Romans. it's been really great.


I just spent a lot of time in Borders. I started reading this book called All About Love by Bell Hooks. pretty stellar so far. I got about half way done with the book in one sitting.


As a woman and a lover, however, I am moved by the sight of my Beloved. Where He is, I want to be. What He suffers, I want to share. Who He is, I want to be, crucified for love. - Saint Teresa of Avila


and this is why I love Chicago. the streets are littered with twinkle lights. walking down the street I encounter santa clause. or at least starbucks workers dressed as santa and passing out free samples of Christmas Blend. then I cross the street and there's a guy riding a vespa. (carl come to chicago and buy me a vespa). it's beautiful here. there's always something going on and a multitude of places to hide away in. it's a city full of corners and passages into freedom. my goodness. i'm blubbering.


mom and the little brothers are coming to visit me sunday/monday. we've got all kinds of plans. I'm gonna show them the best parts of my Chicago. can hardly wait.


oh the adventures of sleeping in a bunkbed ... this morning I went to climb out ... too bad my roommate left her sweater on the step. I slipped and ended up on top of my dresser. what an adventure. the two sausage like bruises on my legs tell the tale quite well.


picked up an apartment book ... no harm in planning ahead ...

No comments: