Monday, November 06, 2006

downtown

i'm downtown chillin chi-town style.

so kim helped me realize that i had an addiction. it was called coffee and it was running my life. i've only had one cup today. so that's a big improvement. let's just say that i felt like i had a hangover all day yesterday. headaches. sensitivity to light. irritability. trouble focusing. it was pretty bad. all because i didn't have my normal pot and a half of coffee. so there's that little tid bit.

so the insanity is getting worse. all the inhabitions i had are now gone. saturday found my roommate lauren and i walking through our neighborhood pretending we had a dog. sparky is really great but often runs away and since he's stronger than i am and on a leash things can get pretty outta control. today this guy was honking at us as we walked down the street. before the insanity i would have ignored it ... but today i found myself turning around and yelling "you're hurting my ears". who even knows what's happening to me. i sing out loud on the subway and on the streets. and frequently dance a jig while crossing the street. why i think this is insanity is because i never realize what i'm doing is strange until later. then i question what's happened. what's changed. who even knows.

today was time for a letter to good ol' Matthew ... i'm so glad to be talking again. it's been hard but good. hopefully i get to see him and his fiancee this winter. we'll see.

these were some nuggets that got me today. taken from the 4th chapter of Phillippians. i'm chewing on them now ...

"...you'll do best by filling your minds and meditations on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious - the best not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise not things to curse." 8

"I know what it is to be in need and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed of hungry, whether living in plenty or in want."12

"Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am." 13

And I will leave you now. it's time to go explore. to dance. to sing. to count it all a loss compared to the wonder of having Jesus Christ in my life ... peace it out kids ...

No comments: