Sunday, August 10, 2008

formless

"When there is nothing to identify with anymore, who are you? When forms around you die or death approaches, your sense of Beingness, of I Am, is freed from its entanglement with form: Spirit is released from its imprisonment in matter. You realize your essential identity as formless, as an all-pervasive Presence, of Bring prior to all forms, all identifications. You realize your true identity as consciousness itself, rather than what consciousness had identified with. That's the peace of God. The ultimate truth of who you are is not I am this or I am that, but I Am." - Eckhart Tolle A New Earth

Unconsciously we identify ourselves with so many different labels. They give us our identity. I'm a woman for example. It's a fact that my physical appearance is that of a female. But that's not who I am. Not on a soul level anyways. These labels can often hinder our ability to live truly full lives. If on a deep level I let my relationships define me then I end up altering, ever so slightly, my personality around different people. Then I am held captive to the person that I have created. Interesting. I'm not sure if I'm even making that much sense. Just check out this book. It touches on the ego, uncomfortable at times, but if you're ready I think it has the ability to change things.

No comments: