Monday, September 03, 2007

sad day




one of the first things that my boss told me today is that he's being promoted and will be leaving our store in a month. sad. he's one of the main reasons that I even came back to Starbucks. he's such a great boss and an incredible man. I joked that I have a month to find a new job, but really, maybe I'm not joking. at this point I'm really up for anything, a move, a new job, perhaps school, maybe even being a bum and living on the streets. ha, we'll see.


but then Israel and I had a good talk. he asked some really insightful questions about my move back to Ohio and the potential difficulties of this adjustment. I felt very understood. he's a great guy. I told him about when I arrived in Chicago on Thursday and started unpacking Jenny's car that all these little kids cam running over wanting to help. they were adorable. then we compared that reaction to the reaction you're likely to receive where we live. skeptical neighbors peering out of their blinds exclaiming "there goes the neighborhood!" it was a good talk.


since I spent last night sleeping on a rather uncomfortable bus I am now going to go sleep for a good long while. thankfully I don't have to work tomorrow, that means lots of errands and doing things I should've done a while ago. perhaps even finding out where my car is and getting it towed. life is ridiculous, but when it hands me lemons I'm determined to make some delicious lemonade.

No comments: