Monday, March 24, 2008

jesus land

started this book ... it's good ... julia scheeres says this,

"...sometimes I think that I'd rather have less suffering now, even if it meant less glory in Heaven."

that's something I feel from time to time. what if this stuff made a little bit more sense? sometimes I get so frustrated with the whole concept of religion. I don't understand. I believe God exists. I believe Jesus was his son, lived a sinless life and died so that I wouldn't have to go to hell. Beyond those things tho ... who knows.

this weekend I witnessed "Christians" that made me more uncomfortable than I can remember ever being. funny thing is, after leaving them and joining up with those who could be called "once a year churchgoers", I saw more of what I believe to be "Christian" morals or standards or what have you, than with those who claim to be giving up all for Christ. what does this mean?

No comments: